I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Simple lessons in life.

Phew.. now I'm back to being fully myself again. Or so I think. lol. Life was kind of a bumpy, convoluted and fun all together ride for me since last Monday. Things that happened in some ways taught me something raw and totally memorable that I am bloody sure I'd cherish 'til the day I die. (or 'til I bump into another bigger-than-life rapturous ride of all time)

So basically I survived. Yay!

I want to share some pretty useful life lessons that my good friend sent me through email. I was in a distorted, messy condition when he called from KS and next thing I knew, he sent me this;

Simple Life Lessons:

1. Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue. (to be pooped on I guess)


2. Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them. (yeap, I've noticed some guy who called bloggers "monkeys" and then finally became one himself..oops)

3. Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.

4. Drive carefully -- it's not only cars that can be recalled by their Maker.

5. If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague. (I'm guilty as charged)

6. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

7. It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

8. Never buy a car you can't push. (btw, I had my car trapped in the flood phenomenon that day. I'll write a post on that one fine day)

9. Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

10. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance. (I did represent my school for a traditional dance competition long time ago. shhh..don't tell anyone)

11. Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.

12. The second mouse gets the cheese.

13. When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane. (This could be the reason why some people we know lost votes after having too many things coming their way)

14. Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.

15. You may be the only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person. (so shwweeett..makes me wonder..)

16. Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once

17. We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box . (wow. way deep man, way deep)

18. A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour. (I'm trying here, gimme a break..lol)

It did make me feel good reading these simple life lessons that I finally understand that life has so much more to offer.

To everyone.




No comments: