I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Friday, December 12, 2008

"Tears, Idle Tears"

I haven’t cried in some time. It’s been awhile yeah. I do know that it is good to shed some tears on occasions; however, my despair and sad feelings even wallowing in my own crapulence are pressed neatly down. Locked somewhere I guess. I am no my mom you see. She’s an ultimate drama queen. Even while watching some Malay drama once in a blue moon, just take a peek at her, and you could see tears running down her cheeks. Sob sob she goes. lol

Thing is, I know intellectually that it is not a sign of weakness if one cries. It’s just that sometimes I face intricate times bringing the tears forth.

It may be something during the course of the day, a really heart breaking scene from some award winning movie on tv or the beauty of a sunset (reminds me of that Bedazzled’s scene, remember the guy with over-sensitive issue?), that some how grounds me and tears burst forth. That seldom happens though.

Nevertheless, after midnight the day before, I shed some tears, over a Korean movie. There, I said it.

Candidly speaking, I have forgotten the overpowering, melodramatic elements of Korean movies/drama series since Winter Sonata.

But gees, this movie acted by the same woman in Winter Sonata (even tho I love the series, I couldn’t care less about their names. It will always be Jun Sang and Yoo Jin stuck somewhere in my brain). She’s good. I mean of course she’s good; she made me cried for heaven sake! Which is rare.

It’s a mawkish romance that begins with a looming tragedy, but as the flick unfolded, I could sense yet another ghastly tragedy. It was rather predictable really for I am sorta a desensitized moviegoer to appreciate some love story movies or sympathize with the characters. Only about 7 minutes before the movie ended, BAAM! she worked her magic on screen.

And believe me, after all the wiping and staring into the thin air out of nothing, I felt sheepishly girly. Like a silly sappy teenage girl. Who floundered in self-despair and negativity over lost love.

Yikes!

p/s: "Tears, Idle Tears" is the title of one of Alfred, Lord Tennyson's many famous poems, which is inspiring.

3 comments:

intoxicated_lover said...

Ha...

Ni mesti cite "Now and Forever" kan? kan? kan?

Saye tgk jugak itu cite!!!!!

Tapi saye tak nangis pon???

Talk about drama queen.

LOL

Anonymous said...

Dear Suria,

I guess it is a nature of a woman to weep and cried over a very heart touching, wreaking movies..I do too..

heliocentrism said...

Dear Cyeda,

Dunno why but that last scene when the guy received that timed-recorded video call tu, exactly the moment she revealed that she knew that he is also sick, aiyooo there and then wa nye ayak mata kluaq.

Tak tahan ma... haha


Dear Azah,

Yeap. There's no harm in crying your heart out.

I've heard somewhere that 'You can't really smile until you've shed some tears'.

Maybe it's true?