I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mind elsewhere?

The moment of peace after waking up this morning lasted all but ten minutes. As I went into the bathroom, I recalled yesterday's blues reasserted in my head.

For the first time yesterday, my father announced that my fried rice, ‘tak sedap, tak macam selalu..’.

Ouch!

Not missing a beat, my mom jumped in, “Lately her mind’s elsewhere..”

Aaa? What is she talking about?

So you see, hands down I have to say I am pretty good in the kitchen(ahem). My culinary skills are rather acceptable especially by my father’s strictly-no-kedai-food tummy. Well, I do make quite a delectable spicy fried noddle, and asam pedas Johor with lots of daun kesum and simply fish curry (but of ‘cos no one can beat my mom’s spread. Ever!). And yeah I can make scrumptious puddings too. (trying to become the ultimate heir of my mom’s secret recipes)


However, yesterday was a shocker. I mean come on, it’s no biggie, just a simple dish, fresh ingredients simply thrown into the frying pan. Then walla!!

I don’t get it.

Tak sedap?




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Suria,

You are a good cook I presumed..Do care to share your authentic recipes with your hard die core blogs' readers..:-)

heliocentrism said...

*blushes

No la Azah. I was rather exaggerating there I guess. lol. I was abit disturbed at the time 'cos in some way, my mom was quite right.

But yeah, why not? Maybe one day I'll put up an entry on my mom's special recipes. Only two days ago she made the best rendang pedas ikan keli. Yum yum!!

intoxicated_lover said...

Nala masak lagi sedap la.

Enuff said.

Ha!
Ha!
Ha!

heliocentrism said...

Ouch!

Haha