I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009 Resolution Absolution

I couldn't think of a more surreal title to welcome 2009. I mean, wow. 2009 y'all! I need to have everything all planned out (kinda late? naah) if I really want to have myself more organised this time around. But one thing for sure, 2008 has created alot of fond memories which I'd cherish for the rest of my life.

So, let's talk about the upcoming year's resolution.



I dunno why but I find this comic strip is so funny I couldn't stop chuckling over it. You see, one of the things in my long list would be trying to lose some weight.

*yawns..

Thing is, part of making a resolution and bringing it to life, is figuring out what you want and why you want it. What feelings do you have about reaching your goal? When I look at my own New Year's weight loss resolution, I see more preferences for being thinner and not strong emotions.

So right now I am going to close my eyes and daydream about reaching my goal. Going to the closet and being able to pull out any sort of clothing and put it on and being able to easily zip up the pants (without having to hold onto your breath), button the buttons and still move comfortably...

Okay, I'm back from my daydream. Ha ha

Well yeah, maybe for the hundredth times already but who cares. Losing weight is still something I want to do. Today, at the brink of starting a new year, I am bloody sure millions of human beings will resolve to lose weight, but maybe by next week, or the week after that, or maybe even next month, most of them will have given up trying. Few lucky ones will have lost weight, and even fewer will sustain the loss.

I can't believe I'm talking about this. About losing weight which is probably (or surely) one of the toughest missions of all time. Ha ha. Wish me luck tho'.

I have more things that I believe I want to achieve in 2009 and I bet the same goes to all. Resolution is a commitment and therefore if we put our mind into it, geez.. nothing is impossible.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Suria,

Losing weight is not a dream. I believed you can achieve it. I totally have faith on you. Years before I have the kind of thoughts whether I can or perhaps I will fail miserably in my attempts to lose my weight. Eventually I did it. If I can do it, I believe 100% you can do it. The secret is you mind should be focus, discipline and strong will. As you said nothing is impossible.

I support your lost weight resolution all the way.

heliocentrism said...

It has tuned into a mantra now. 'Lose weight!' 'Lose weight!'

Ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Dear Suria...

Yehaaa.....that's the spirit. :-)