I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

'Say NO to Turtle Eggs'


Crush: Dude? Dude? Focus dude… Dude? Oh, he lives. Hey, dude!

Marlin: Oh… What happened?

Crush: Saw the whole thing, dude. First you were all like
“whoa”, and we were like “whoa”, and you were like “whoa…”

Marlin: What are you talking about?

Crush: You, Mini-Man, takin’ on the jellies. You’ve got
serious thrill issues, dude. Awesome.

Marlin: Oh, my stomach. Ohh.

Crush: Oh, man. Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude, ok?
Just waxed it.

Marlin: So, Mr. Turtle?

Crush: Whoa, Dude. Mister Turtle is my father. The name’s Crush.

Marlin: Crush, really? OK, Crush. I need to get to the
East Australian Current. EAC?

Crush: [Laughing] Oh, dude. You’re ridin’ it, dude! Check it out!

So yeah. Just a snippet there from you-knoe-which-movie. I'm here to play my part on supporting a campaign to help save turtles by pledging not to eat turtle eggs. Serious stuff here.

If you happen to be a nature lover, and seem to hate it when you watch the news reporting on the brutal, ruthless killing of the endangered animals on earth nowadays, please sign UMT online petition here.

I have to admit tho' I used to eat turtle eggs and kinda liked it. But hold up! That was nearly 20 years ago and I guess back then they are not callously harmed in anyway. Lately I can see myself clenching my fingers hard, digging nails into my palms, feelin' like screaming and do some serious back kicking whenever I see some pakciks selling turtle eggs at the pasar malam.

About 15 years ago, I had the opportunity of watching turtle eggs hatched right before my eyes in Rantau Abang and there were people from Greenpeace society or something there to assist the babies back to the open sea. Unlike now, back in the good ol' days you got to bump into some really old cool turtles once in a while here in Terengganu.

Barely two-inches long, the babies looked no bigger than the sack of eggs left by sharks on the beach. They were so cute, using all their might to enter their new world.

The hatchling tried again and again, sometimes managed a five-foot entry into the sea, only to be swept back onto the beach again. And again. Then I remember we were like 'aaaahh' and 'uuuhh' when a few of them made it, and survived.

Please try not to eat turtle eggs (for those who seem to enjoy the salty taste of it) anymore.

Picture this.

Just imagine the beauty of pulling the babies out from the sand, letting them crawl for the first time and then watching them swim away to fend for themself in the open sea.

Oh yeah. Before I forget, on behalf of the ones responsible for the petition, they need your help to promote the petition as well. You could write about it on your blogs, or your Facebook and Twitter pages and what not. Not only that, you are also encouraged to send the petition link to your bosses, managers, colleagues, subordinates, lecturers, friends, housemates, family members and neighbours. Anyone you know.

Tell them all to show their support by signing this petition.

Play your part in saving 'Crush's.

Like I said, serious stuff over here..(wish you could see me nodding)

Hey 'ya know what? Think I want to share my favourite scene from the movie here. I love Crush dude. So insanely cool.




Duuuuude!

P/s: Psssst... This entry is goin' to be on top for awhile. So please, Say NO NO NO to turtle eggs! Sign up okay? Thank you, dude. lol

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Suria.

I've signed the petition and it felt so great coz at least I've contribute something good to the nature. This matter should be prolong due to the lack of awareness in our societies.For the sack of tasting they killed the nature most gifted treasure and don't forget the role of medias', they should participate in this campaign. Suria, now I'm glued to your blog.:-)

heliocentrism said...

Thank you Azah!
It does feel good when we give a lil bit love in something worth mentioning, right?
Have a great day.