I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Monday, November 3, 2008

Wise Man : Part 4 'Theory on Love'

Me : I’m giving up love.

WM : Phuff.. da hell?

Me : You heard me.

WM : What’s wrong?

Me : It’s tiring. And mind you, love is overrated.

WM : (His eyes suddenly twinkle in the dark and…wow, I couldn’t believe it, he’s grinning!) People never give up on love. No matter what the consequences. Love is a deep, ineffable feeling of tenderly caring for someone, a sense of strong affection, babe. And you are not doing it right if you think love ….

Me : (cuts in, sighing) So you’re in love uh?

WM : (smirks) Who? Me? No thanks. I’m not that stupid. By the way, haven’t you heard? I was officially named The Narcissist by the mob, only last week.

Right.

Go on. Shoot me for asking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little Me: "Ayah, love itu apa?"

My late dad: "Urggh, hmmm, you'll know. Go ask your mother!"

There, no straight man on earth gets the equation of love.

No straight woman on earth can separate love and physical pleasure.

Me? I don't have a point of view.

heliocentrism said...

Quotes from the master of love himself, M'am;

Twelfth Night, III:1
'Love sought is good, but given unsought is better.'

and I remember this one back then (quite during a happy moment)

'Love sees with the heart, and not with mind.'

and another one from my mum;

'Love? isyk..ingat ni..pilih orang yang sayang kite..'

he he