I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

There you have it. A 'change'!

It's very very disturbing to see that another 'Israel-first' dual-citizen has found his way into the White House. I don't feel good about this. Of all the tough-talkin' guys there, dear Obama chose Rahm Emanuel. Read his bio here.

Haven't heard from my buddy from KS on this one. Can't wait to softly whisper (with much elaborated sigh of course) into the phone for him to listen to; "See? Your trusted, just elected monarch has shown his stripes. At least one for now."

*sighs

Some notes caught my eyes from time.com:

Obama may speak beautifully and inspirationally about hope and change, about bipartisan cooperation and a better America.

But he clearly understands that you just can't sit around talking about all the good things you want to do when you get to the White House and then expect them to happen all by themselves. Which means you can't hire a staff that's going to gather at work every day, hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

Instead, you bring in a guy like Emanuel, the most hard-headed, no-nonsense, foul-mouthed, smart-as-hell, get-it-done-or-get-out-of-my-way Washington insider of his generation. And you put him in charge of a White House staff whose task it is — and this is putting it conservatively — to conceive, propose, promote and somehow push through Congress the most ambitious agenda any President has carried forth at least since Ronald Reagan rode into town with a lopsided grin in January 1981.

"Rahm does not sing Kumbaya," laughs an old friend and colleague. "He barks orders." His hometown paper, the Chicago Tribune, calls Emanuel "a brutally effective taskmaster."


Wish I could scream my 'Tidaaaaaaaaak!!' so loud even the late opera tenor, Pavarotti could die (second time then I guess) of pure envy and admiration.

And mind you, I've read that the concern was due to the fact that Emanuel guy is seen as so pro-Israel that he would not even consider the Palestinian position. Scary.

So Obama, a Jew uh? For your Chief of Staff. In The Oval Office.

Right.

'Well done'.

No comments: