I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A memento: Of staring at the wall

So much is going on in my life right now that, it’s kind of difficult to choose what to write about. For some, they might know that I've just started a new phase in life. Another chapter in my own memoir.

Another journey.

Once in awhile (like right now, where it's so outlandishly quiet outside my hide-out), I would sit down and start wondering about what life is all about, and what happiness and success mean to different people. Different people, different views. My mom used to say 'Manusia mane kan sama citarasanya. Kalau tak, takkan la ada banyak design kat kedai kain'. Exactly.

The pursuit of happiness. Of course I always come out of such moments of pondering just as clueless as before.

Mind you I do know I am someone who doesn't want to postpone happiness. Maybe I have never uttered that expression out loud but da hell, it's all up here (pointing to the head) and also here (now pointing to the left side of the chest).

You know how some people always say things like 'I'll be happy when I can retire at 45', or 'I'll be happy when I make my first million', or .. or 'I'll be so so happy when I have a grandson'. In my case, 'I'll be so happy if my parents are beyond happy'.

But why wait? If you can just tweak your point of view a little, you can usually see abit more fun and humour in things. Be more alive. If you can just let loose a little, you can usually laugh at yourself. My mom sort of finds it abit bizarre to see me laughing all by myself whenever I watch some funny sitcoms/movies alone. This trait I inherit from my father. You should see him cackling like there's no tomorrow all alone in front of the TV. lol. What's wrong with the whole picture anyway? If it's funny, then it's funny. Then do the laughing. That simple.

If you find it difficult sometimes in life, just deal with it. Brace up, tilt your chin higher up and face the impediments and remember, The Almighty is always right there with 'ya.

If you can just be that bit more understanding, patient and tolerant, you can be happy now. Of course, there will always be things that we want, or events that we look forward to, and those can make us very very happy. But surely that doesn't mean we can't be happy NOW, right?

All I'm saying is, I'm thankful. For everything.

'Ya know what. This is a harmless reminder for myself really.

Be happy, folks!

No comments: