I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

44th President. A change?

A good friend, calling in from KS about 4 hours ago, only to tell me one thing.

'Obama wins!'

So I was like; 'Yeah I knoe. There's internet, remember? And TV too. Everything. Malaysia is not that left behind, ya knoe?'

He went on, 'It's so cool. I've known all along that he would win. I was 100% certain that we gonna have the first black President!'

Listening to him excitedly yakking while chewing on my mango bubblegum, 'You mentioned 'we'. You mean the Americans, right?'

Silence. For 4 seconds.

'Well yeah. Whatever. By the way, I'm coming home next Christmas,' he said.

'For good?'

He managed a chuckle, 'Naah. Just for the holiday.'

Owh.

So yeah. I am not sure whether Obama's winning is a good thing or not. If you've following the riots and all, frankly I've never fully understood the hatred. Of the Americans.

He sent me emails on Obama and McCain, expressing his thoughts and opinions on the election. Maybe that's his personal approach of one way or another relating it all to the current political turmoil in our own country.

Yeap.

He believes that people of reasonable intelligence who somehow claim that Obama is only winning because he's black. Yet it's obvious to me that he's one of the most intelligent, promising and capable candidates they've had since Clinton (Bush? Hell no! Me together with other millions been counting the days til his last breath); and he promises to be much more disciplined and savvy than the latter.

Change!

All of this can only lead all of us to conclude that the hatred is inspired by good old-fashioned racism, whether unconscious or overt.

Issues on racism are everyway, but then again, I won't go through on that one. Enough of this mumbo jumbo.

Long distance call sometimes a pain in the **s, 'cos this time we heard continuous clickings at the back. Then he said, 'It's nearly midnight. Gotta go. If you happen to call Zam, tell him I want my shoes back.'

I nodded, stupidly forgetting that he couldn't see, 'Sure. He'd know which shoes you're talking about?'

'Oh yeah. He knoes alright. He's dead if he even tries to forget about it. Hey, take care okay. If you're lucky, we'll get to meet next month.'

Smiling, I replied, 'Sure, sure. By the way, you forgot my birthday.'

*smirks.. Long live Obama.




2 comments:

abcdef said...

hey Queen of literature..
i like tis one. its relax, yet it moves my mind.i agree with u, 44th President, doesnt mean a total change.
besides, who'll believe if Lucifer changes himself to one of 'St' Lucifer? huhu *_*

heliocentrism said...

thanks babe.

*chuckles..

yeah, tell me bout it..
reminds me of Ben Stiller's Tropic Jungle's behind-the-scene.

some fella commenting on Robert D. Jr. acting as a African American soldier who went through a controversial skin procedure;

'so if I wear a girl's dress, that makes me a girl, uh? uh?'