I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rape case in a school bus

Early this morning, while rustling here and there putting on clothes and lil make up, suddenly I stopped dead in my track, reaching for the remote and blasted the volume higher.

My eyes widen, staring into the highlight- 'Gadis 14 tahun di rogol dalam bas sekolah'!

Feinda, Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) host seemed to have her voice sounded abit cracky there for awhile while reading the news.

I mean, What the hell??

Check out the papers, didn't catch much on which paper, but here's what I heard from both her and Ally.

It happened really early in the morning, about 6 a.m and the poor 14 yo girl was the first passenger for the day. Taking hold of the whole opportunity of being along with a young kid, the school bus driver, in his 20s, drove the freakin bus to this some hidden place and started raping her. That perverted beast!

And get this, he is already married, and his wife is pregnant, with their first child!

Remember about the girl who just got back from the US after graduation and got raped in a bus? I forgot her name but it happened close to 10 years ago, if I'm not mistaken. One thing I can never forget. It's her parents' biggest regret about the whole thing, saying; 'Bertahun hidup jauh di tempat org, takde kena ape ape. Bila balik negara sendiri, tempat sendiri.. tengok lah..'

It's true. It's not safe living in our own country. If you girls out there think that it's no biggie to go out in the middle of the night alone, then babe, you need to have your brain checked.

I mean, that poor Canny chick who flew in to Malaysia, supposedly for only a few days, found dead right raped and grisly killed by the flight cleaner, Najib. (hold up, I remember the jerk's name. Yuck). And she was a black-belt practitioner.

Yeap, we are no longer safe and able to go anywhere for our heart's content. No matter you are a master in Silat Gayung, Silat Baldi, Judo, Karate or whatever, 'cos when danger lurks, there's no way out. But of course it's always, always the best if we have some kinda martial art, defend system in us.

A lot better.

That reminds me, back in 2000, when I was an untoward matriculation student, I had to grab a bus from Sungai Petani, and it was late at night. The first stop would be the Sunga Petani where I was the only passenger hopping on.

I was scared. Simply. 'Cos the 'rape in the bus' calamity was pretty raw and fresh at the time, so, yeah I was abit terrified. But I was not alone with the driver. Because there were two drivers. Two!

So you see, the moment my parents knew about it; being all alone, being a girl with two big hairy guys, guess that drove them to the very edge of anxiety level. They kept calling me on the cell, (as a way of giving out signal that 'Don't you ever come near her! This girl is constantly in touch with her family, you you disgusting jerk!')

Only after the bus reached Seberang Perai to fetch more passengers that my parents became sane again.

Parents, uh. What else you expect them to do other than worrying about their kids? Go figure.

It is kinda funny when I think about that night in the bus but trust me, it wasn't funny at all. Far from it.

So back to this 14 yo girl. Poor soul. Just imagine, she left the house, early in the morning, hiking the bus like always, the thing that she has been doing for the hundreth time, then BAM!, a rot-in-hell pervert just appeared and raped her and crashed her future.

The world we live in. Has turned into a sickening manhole.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sedeh sgt...huhu ferdelaila