I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Monday, October 13, 2008

Money. Spend. Crash.

I blog therefore I am. New, but trying. On anything. Even on psychos, or bees or world domination. Anything.

Well, that’s true only in the blogosphere, and even there I’m not sure that pundits would accept it since I think and I've noticed that they use the term to mean only those bloggers who comment on politics, and have a large readership. You know, the groups of well-knowns like Rocky Bru, Patrick etc.

They're good. I give them credits for that.

So, I've been blogging for what.. hardly 6 days and although the trend of in my readership is undoubtedly upwards (at least for now, because we'll never know what will happen tomorrow), I still have to keep improving, both in thinking and writing.

So I've been thinking. And wondering. Today 'bout parents. O boy..

Okay, get this. How is it possible that you are changed in one way or another into becoming your parents?

The predicament of life. At least for some people.

It’s one of the mysteries of adulthood; why can you see in yourself so many traits learned from your parents, yet miss a few crucial ones?

In my case, I have my father’s attraction for speed, curiosity, love of scribblings, quiet consigns, 4x4 wheels; my mum's lures for good food, travelling and books; and I learned my manners and their importance from both of them. And surely the passion to set things right, stick up for myself and to hold moral values in high regard.

But I can never be like my father. I am so missing on his example and teaching on managing money. He thought I have mastered it well.

You see, I did a few sellings of kueh Raya and Betawi/fruit cakes (yum yum) and able to gobble up quite some cash and was rather turned into a big-head over it. Only in front of my parents.

Then, Wham!! My father opened my eyes, lecturing bout sales margin/percentage, the drill. And I was like..'What? I could have gained more!!'. So yeah.

A snob. Me. Should have asked the master first about the secret. Of doing business.

Stupid.

The truth is, I am losing money. Even after all the sales. Especially after this Raya celebration where our house was cramped by rascals. Some were very cute tho, so practically not that bad. (Not saying that the cuter ones got more duit raya. What? You think I rely on looks? u uh. Wrong missy.)

Back to this one of many fine traits of my parents that I don't or maybe hopefully haven't inherited; I should really learn and relearn on managing money.

Yea, you heard me, the core of insanity..MONEY.

I should slowly consult my father because other than extremely detailed about his work, boy,my father's eyes and ears were ever alert to the natural art and beauty of his surroundings.

It is impossible to spend more than a few minutes with him outside the house (especially on the boat, staring into the rosy sunset on the horizon) before he’d be commenting on the sound of irritating (to me at least), over-the-top chirpy birds as if they're chatting away with the other flock of swarming birds.

Maybe next time I'd dedicate an entry on his passion of fishing and hunting. Yeap. Or maybe not. Ha ha.

Okay. Now. I think I want to leave the mystery of missing @ not getting the crucial genetic psychological traits from parents left unattended.

For now.

p/s: All the rumblings rooted from having the thought bout money. Not good.

No comments: