I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Origin of Me. The Helios.

Why Mas Tulen? Here's a story. A true story. My parents were married for approximately, more than 6 years before they were granted the greated gift of all ( yea right), Me! Just imagine the hell my mum had to go through. Having the relatives (mostly my father's side of the family) asking bout getting babbies, or a baby for that matter. Both of them were healthy, and very happy Im sure because come on, how many couples do you knoe that have survived their marriage life more than at least 5 years not having a child of their own?

My mum told me there were times when she simply tried to avoid family gathering, where the venues where filled with loud, babbling makciks, along with their screaming brats asking for susu, toys or whatever things kids needed back then.

Theres the sacred one line of question, "Bile lagi nak dpt anak ni?".. If I were there, Id be punching them straight on the face, leaving big lumpy marks. Urgh, its all in the hand of God right. You need to Redha, and be blessed for the life He provides you with.

So basically, there were treatments here and there because we human can never give up hope right. Theres this one nice guy, Dr. Wee, our family doctor who treated my mum, made sure she took her medicine, endured her screamings of being poked of needles and God knoes what else there were in the course of medical progress in harvesting the womb.

Yeap. Had to go through bloodshed and major battles back then. Only to conceive me. Me! yay. I love you mama. and yeah love you too abah. lol.

Throughout the process, finally after a long long wait..(bet its longer than longer in my mum’s vocabulary), praise to God, miraculously she had me in her womb. Then practically by month 5, she was bleeding a.k.a tumpah darah and she wasn’t allowed to get out of the bed for 3 months.

That was when Dr. Wee came up with the nickname, Mas Tulen, as for him it/I was a pure gold, both to my parents and him. (I simply think coz I caused him so much trouble. As simple as that. ha ha)

My mum would repeatedly tell me years ago, about how Dr. Wee teased my parents, especially the one carrying the pure gold inside her tummy, "You better watch out this time. It's my Mas Tulen"..

So yeah. Up until now, wherever I go to his clinic (he's still working, all wrinkly but fit and strong), he would always, I repeat always call me Mas Tulen. And I give him full credit for taking a really good care of my mum and me for that matter.

And why am I telling you all these. Simple, I have no idea. ha ha. Maybe an aftermath of spending most of the night last night talking on the phone, for I am now, today, on this very exact date, officially 26 years old. Yeap today. A celebration of life. A tricky one from the very beginning. An achievement. A reminder for both my parents and myself, to be grateful. Alhamdullilah.

Thats it for the Mas Tulen thingy. Now, Honey there stands for Hani la. Mat Salleh kan sket directly become a Honey. Hence, after all the troubles of delivering me and all, my mum got the privilege of naming me.

Come on la, she was the one carrying me for the whole of 9 months, tumpah darah some more, of course she had the right. lol. She said she's always liked the name Suria, for it kinda means Sun a.k.a Helios in greek, so Suria it is.

Surprise, surprise for my mum. A week later when she read the birth certificate. And she was like (in my freaking mind basically la), "What the h***?! Mane datang Hani ni?" and there he was.. my father all beamingly smiling from ear to ear. According to him @ the Islamic, Hani means calm, peacefulness. Generally he was trying to combine both the bright fierce shining sun with the creamy gooey sweet peaceful honey. Geddit? lol

Enough enough. Suddenly I feel like Ive been washing my linen in public, literally speaking. lol.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha! gottit! u never tell us bout the tale of mastulen kn? ceth.

LyD M.R said...

hahaha! gottit! u never tell us bout the tale of mastulen kn? ceth.

heliocentrism said...

malu mey..

Anonymous said...

serius...from now on i'll start calling u mas...huhuhu ferdelaila

heliocentrism said...

waduh Fer.. jgn sih..

malu gue.. hehehe