I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Friday, October 10, 2008

Aftermath UiTM ride

I love Malaysia.
Why? It would definitely be a freakin’ cliché if I say..’Well, like y’all knoe, Malaysia is a multiracial country. We have Malays, Chinese, Indians, Kadazans..and you knoe, others. Most of us are at least bilinguals; totally a credit to all races but Malay ‘cause Bahasa Melayu is the national language’.

Go figure.

Okay. Don’t worry. This entry will not, and can not be a racial-oriented piece. Come on. We all are happy right. Living in this beautiful, peaceful country, where we are able to breathe in the polluted air, wait..without having guns pointed at us, and yeap, able to gobble down yummy, scrumptious food like roti canai, nasi lemak, mee mamak. Ha ha.


So yeah, we are happy citizens of Malaysia. (minus the oil price issue.Yikes).

Since I was in form 1, I’ve been surrounded by Malays in school. Malay friends, Malay teachers, Malay staffs. You see, I am an ex student of MRSM. So tell me, how many non-Malays or Bumis for that matter there. We did sometimes have the Mat Sallehs assisting English teachers, but that doesn’t count.


Then I furthered my education to matrix college and next to one of the best ever Universities in Malaysia, UiTM. Again, tell me. How many non-Malay students are there.

Now though, wow. The current workplace is filled with a variety of people and it’s colourful. The beauty of other than English and Bahasa Melayu languages being spoken. Tamil, Mandarin, Spanish etc. I mean, spoken in a learning environment. Where we have books, papers, laptops around them. (I mean we always see an array of cultures/races at the shopping malls..so again, that doesn’t count.)

It’s different. Geez..even the smell is different. It’s a new feeling for me. A good one.

Aren’t we proud to be Malaysians?


No comments: