I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Monday, October 20, 2008

I had a dream. Not a good one.

Have you ever felt distracted by your own dream?

I have not. Until today.

I woke up late this morning, in spite of putting myself to bed way earlier than usual. (sighs.. Yeah, I don't have much options to spend my nights lately, so you pretty much can say that I've turned to becoming a lazybum. okay, hold up. I am a lazybum. So, have turned to becoming a better lazybum. ha ha)

Here's the deal. I don't usually dream. Most of the nights I had, my body has always been fully resting, totally in my own world, totally at peace from the moment I laid my head down up to the time when it's time to kick my butt out of the bed. (complete with all the snoring and all... yeah, I admit it. lol)

Of course of I did have some dreams in the past, but most of the time they were just a blur, just patches of events with blurry images and figures, indefinite storyline, when I was not sure whether A said bitchy things to B or the other way round, or was it C playing stupid game with J, or, or.. M brazenly kissed O.

What?





All vague impressions of mind game, when we are having our body system in a 'stand by' mode. At least that's what I think.

Now, about the dream I had last night? First of all, two corpses in the house.

Corpse, bro!

Stiff, white-cloth covered corpse in a house which I couldn't identify and they were just laying there, for hours. I'm sure about the timing 'cos there were sequence of events along the process and the corpse were still there up to very last minute when the dream ended!

Then I woke up, blinking, looked for my watch, surprised because it was only 2 o' clock in the morning. Did a few glancing around, too. he he. Especially under the bed.

I've heard all my life that 'mimpi adalah mainan tidur'. In a way I do believe that but why our 'orang lama' once said that dreams mean something. Or like a signal for something that maybe happen or maybe not. Like if you had a dream of having your tooth pulled out, it means someone will die. (or I just simply made that up? No. That's what they said right)

So basically an assumption. Everything happens for a reason right? Eventho in a sleep. 'Cos sleeping is also a mechanical in keeping us alive. A route to a life.

I do think dreams have a long history both as a subject of conjecture and as a source of inspiration. My mum once told me that dreams would probably revolve around the things that have happened the day earlier, hence you keep thinking about it and then, without you knowing it, the things whoooooooshh, enter with a splash into your dream.

Make sense?

Aaanyway, I think I am trying to have the meaning in my dream sought out. Or at least a divination through my dream.

'Cos I did not think or come across dead people yesterday. I didn't watch any ghost movies or anything. Then what is it? What does it mean? A corpse. No. It was two. Two corpses.

Arrrghh. Abit scary.

Or maybe it's just a dream.

Mainan tidur.










3 comments:

intoxicated_lover said...

Kalau tak silap aku, ni berdasarkan apa yang rasulllah buat (correct me if im wrong), jika kita mendapat mimpi yang buruk, as soon as kita terbangun dari mimpi tersebut (kepala kita mestilah masih di bantal rite?) kita kna lah beristigfar byk2 pastu toleh kepala kita ke kiri dan 'meludah' (bukan meludah betul2, just buat action as if kita meludah) sebanyak 3 kali. perbuatan itu as if kita meludahi syaitan yang sedang bergayut2 di bahu kiri kita dan munkin juga mereka lah yang telah memberi kita mimpi buruk tersebut untuk menggoyahkan keimanan, mendatangkan was2 dan kerisauan serta merosakkan akidah kita. wallahualam...

heliocentrism said...

thanks ceda. sesungguh nya perkara2yg menakutkan itu suatu peringatan. untuk terus mengingati yg Maha Kuasa

Anonymous said...

Basuh kaki sebelum tidur