I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ada apa dengan filem hantu?

Okay. Last night I was alone, channels-browsing and then suddenly, a horrible, eerie looking ghoul appeard on the screen and thankfully my fingers holding the remote cooperated, therefore well, in a blink of an eye the image gone.What the hell was that. Phew.

I am no my mum. She enjoys watching ghost stories. She's so into it. Just name it. Nang Nak? The Shutter? The Sisters? The Grandpas? The scarier, the better.

Not me though. I am not a big fan of ghost movies. Wait. Let me rephrase that sentence. I do enjoy watching ghost stories, but strictly the Hollywood-made ghost movies.

Why? Let see. Because no matter how scary the omputeh’s characters are, my mind is like giving me the signal that ‘Those are just make ups la. Chill.’


For example, the famous Freddie Kruger; he definitely gives you the disturbing, creepy feeling, right? I mean, he does sound traumatizing and all but..still, it maybe just lingers for..what..10 minutes after the movie ends?

But hell.. those Asian ghost stories? Aiya.. so creepy.


I mean, come on. The movies, they are based on true Asian ghost stories right? So, they all feel so close and very indifferent with our thinking, customs, traditions, situations. Thailand is just above Malaysia and wait.. yea.. Indonesia is just around the corner.

You get what I’m saying?

So, I list down some of the unforgettable occurrences ; a tribute to ghost movies (yea rite):

1st scenario:


When I was in standard 5 or 6, my friends and I were involved in drama competition and we had to practice almost everyday. Sometimes, the spot of our practice was at my house and I remember this one particular afternoon, I asked them all to watch Freddie Kruger’s movie (well they insisted); The Nightmare of Elm Street which is; trust me, you would have some trouble having your own sweet private time in the bathtub.

So, we were all like, paying attention to the movie. Some were hugging the pillows, trying to cover their eyes and all, while the boys were acting all macho.


Then suddenly, during this one scene (I can’t remember which one), all of us screamed so loud and plus, some and get this, including the boys ran out of the house, scared to death. Haha.

What a memory. Sometime ago, I heard from Sofiah, my long lost friend who I haven’t met in what..10 years? And she who was also there at the crime scene, can still remember it perfectly.

Funny.

2nd scenario:


For awhile, I had a problem for toilet bowls. Yeap. I blamed the movie Sundabolong. Is the spelling correct? I’m not sure and I don’t care. It was totally terrifying.

Scale? I gave it 10 out of 10 at that time.

It happened when I was still studying in MRSM Balik Pulau and I stayed at my buddy, Intan Suraya’s house in Kuala Kangsar. After lunch if my memory serves me right, she pulled all the curtains(so it was dark regardless of shining suria outside..lol) and played the video of that movie.


The images were bloodcurdling I tell you. The main character, who played the Sundabolong, she was pretty but then when she’s changed into becoming a ghoul, eee..

3rd scenario:


Aha.. now I remember another movie, played by Noor Kumalasari. I guess it was back in the late 80’s because I was still an adorable, cute lil girl when I watched that film. ( yeap. I was sooo unbelievably cute..you see..oops. Next time. ha ha)

Okay back to the story. If I’m not mistaken, the title was Misteri Rumah Tua. Whenever I see her on TV, the gruesome images of her as a ghost flash across my eyes. (eventho she's all covered up now.)

Spine-chilling moment where she gave birth(or was it throwing out?) through her mouth, I remember running to my mum who was in the kitchen, preparing meal.

I don’t know about other people, but to me, ghost stories make me feel vague driving my own car in the middle of the nights, along empty dark routes. Like Noor Kumalasari in one of the scenes in the film, she(as a ghoul) hitchhiked a poor fellow guy.


Scaaaary.

4th scenario:


Err.. I think I’m done. You see, eventho there's freakin daylight outside, I feel somehow uncomfortable thinking about things that relate to phantoms at this very minute (being on the top floor, corridor outside seems so quiet bla bla bla).

There are more, but later. Out of nowhere, the soundtrack of Twilight Zone(hope you know that tune) is going through my mind right now.

Stop!




2 comments:

LyD M.R said...

the tune of that twilite zone has become part of me. thx to u! ceth!

heliocentrism said...

aku tao sume bulu yg ada padamu tegak ke langit tika kamu mendengar tune itu di minda mu.. muahahaha