I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Monday, October 19, 2009

Makan-makan @ work

A year has passed by and like they always do, this year the faculty again conducted a really mega Syawal celebration on 15th of October. Am tellin' ya... I felt like it was just last week that I attended the faculty's open house last year. I was this sorta very shy girl, being hye'ed and bye'd here and there by the seniors. But this year? Geez.. the shy girl is gone, babe! Lol.

I had so much fun. And mind you, there were plenty of food too! Each department catered a different dish along with the main ones ordered by the faculty. The moment my dear buddy and colleague, Kak Ez arrived at the scene, we quickly attacked the yummy soto. It was delicious!

There were a few cakes and kuehs too. Chocolate cakes, cheese cakes you name it. Nasi dagang, laksa, spaghetti,oil rice (haha… can’t remember who called it that before), roti jala and others. We were stuffed! Each and all of us girls wanted to have a taste of everything and pictures were snapped throughout the process too.

Such a great environment to be in as well as that was a moment when all the staff got to meet up and you know, exchange news and all. It’s a time where you get to see faces that you rarely bump into around campus for most of the Drs and Profs are rather busy with researches and seminars and most of the time they are out of town. One or two I've never seen before and turned out to be the taikos! And they all are very sweet. Yeap, even the bald ones. Lol.

It's a good feeling to mingle with all. We get to free our mind from complicated matters. Even only for awhile. Worth every minute.

No comments: