I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Of living life and 'kipas'.

When a colleague and I were on our way to grab some drinks+brunch close to 11.30am earlier, and as I stopped at a junction in campus, I let out a chuckle. The weather was hot like usual and it’s common nowadays that we see girls and get this; even boys are using their colorful, flowery umbrellas everywhere they go. And this one scene that really caught my attention was, two boys (those are my students actually so that what made it a bit funnier) were together riding a bicycle, (the one with a bucket in front, the ones girls usually ride on) and the boy sitting at the back was holding the umbrella up, covering the boy pedaling in front. I mean, I’m not sure what really tickled me, but the thing is they looked so happy and free.

Watching them made me smile. Simply. I've noticed that simple things like that could make my day. Does that make me less complicated or 'hangin'?

Then, my mind quickly backpedalled to at least 3 years ago when I was still a student; thinking mostly about nothing but myself. We simply just had fun (other than going to classes and assignment and er..assignments) most of the time.

Thing is, we should live our lives. Some people forget to cool down. Making fuss over the same matter over and over again. Like myself for example, I do dwell on things all the time (everybody does that.. I’ll kick you if you say no!). I still do. Always. Musing over old rusty stuffs like always but that doesn’t mean I forget to breathe.

Owh well. It’s the final week before the examination. I can’t wait for the whole thing to be done with. Some kids were sweet enough to buy my gifts (taktik bodek la tu..) This one boy even bought me a bar of Cadbury, the big one. Shweet. Indian students bringin’ crispy muruku to the office too. Super nice uh? That reminds me. During this presentation session a few days ago, a group of four boys did a ‘Oh Carol’ song and get this, they changed the name to Suria instead! The whole class roared with whistles and laughter cos’ the four vivacious boys even danced to the beat. I tried my best not to blush. A tactic alright and the girls who sat pretty close to me kept asking ‘Extra marks ya Miss?!’..

Felt like knockin’ them on the head. Lol. Hard.

2 comments:

c|k^tum said...

don't forget to "follow" me...!
http://aspecialme.blogspot.com/

heliocentrism said...

Dear c|k^tum,

I'll try not to. I've added you in my 'comrades' slot la.. worry not ma

psst.. still m'banting tulang buat assignment eh eh..hehehe