I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Monday, October 19, 2009

Buddies.

Friends may come and go. The thoughtful, nicer ones would stay on no matter what. According to him (who has experienced the ups and downs of the cruel world), friends only hang around when you’re capable of helping out. In a way it means, the saying “a friend in need, is a friend indeed” is not his cup of tea. He knows more.

For the time being, I do know who my friends are. The ones I cherish. I know we can’t be sure about tomorrow, right but let’s focus on today.

I’ve been blessed to have these people whom I can call friends. Even better because I get to see some of them lately.

Earlier during Ramadan, Lyd came over bringing me a lot of lauks, yummy lauks cooked by her mother. And am tellin’ you, there were a lot. Thanks again babe. You should have seen her buying keropok on the last day she was here. Stuffing the car with keropok lekor. I haven’t heard from her for awhile except on my birthday and yeah she even posted me a birthday wish to my home which is super nice of her. Bet she’s extra busy with work. All the best, gal! (tu la..soh larik tak mo)

On my birthday, I was so happy because I got to hang out with Ezie (apart from spending it with my other half), my dearest one who just celebrated her own birthday only six days earlier than me. Which means, I’m six days younger, babe. Lol. I was beyond happy actually for it’s been awhile since we last met and both of us have matured abit. I couldn’t stop smiling watching her. We’ve gone through so much together. The hours spent were not enough to be exact for she had to go back to work that day. But we bid farewell only after promising each other to keep in touch and perhaps, meet up again soon.


Last Friday, I should have camped out with Faa, another close friend from boarding school up to college time. I have envisioned us in Pjs having a slumber party. Being with her is always a loud party because we tend to enjoy life, having put the problems at the back of our heads for the moment. However though, the plan had to put on hold for her cousin was due to labor. Another time okay babe?

Instead, I spent my time with Cash, another dear friend back in college in Kuantan. I remember the day we were dragged into Syikin’s car to this restaurant on the second day in IKIP. We were rascals during the days there. Money was simply spent like there’s no tomorrow (upshot of having anak datuks as friends..haha). A short period when I was in a transition of naivety (being in a comfort zone) to self-determination as a teenager. We did so many things together (wild or not, told ya we were teenagers that just got out from boarding schools). Cash was kind enough to pick me up after class and took me to late supper at his so–called favourite diner. He was right though, the prawn platter was a real dig!

The next day, I hung out with Nala, who was together with her rather pious(haha) boyfriend. We couldn’t stop chuckling and smiling as the last time we met would be during Peed’s wedding back in June (yeah, the one we ambushed the bride’s bedroom). I was happy seeing her happy, just got back from visiting her soon-to-be in laws. We couldn’t talk much though, meaning couldn’t have our usual yakking as the guy was there with us all the time( tak kasik can langsung!) She even brought me her famous steamed chocolate cakes. Even thoughtful enough to bake one for him. Thanks nyah! It’s delicious.

(*winks.. G4, I didn’t forget)

I also managed to make a stop at G4’s place in Teluk Intan last August on the way to Kl from Lumut. I can still remember the moment I saw the school with its big name painted against the wall. I had to like, keep blinking trying to make sure whether it's right or not. She was shocked alright when I gave her a call and simply told her that I was just outside of her school. The minute we laid eyes on each other, we shrieked out of joy, forgetting about the students who were obviously so nosy looking at us. It’s been so long since we last met. And yeah, I went to see her just about 2 days after her birthday. Surprise birthday waylay, I tell ya’. Lol. Should I also write here that you look abit different, pak? hehehe.. sweeter like always tho'.

I can’t wait to meet all of them again. And my other buddies too. Before most of us start to step into another world(bukan alam barzakh but the marriage life laa), before some of us start to keep focusing on other matters other than friends. It’s life, right.


A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.

~ William Shakespeare (1564-1616)

2 comments:

jeep said...

suria..u didn't mention the day u came over to telok intan.huhuuu.sedey2..:P

heliocentrism said...

Dear G4,

It's a slip of thought la (wujud ke such phrase? Lantak). Jgn mara aaa...I added already.

Btw babe..how come your blog still invi? Tak mo share la tu..