I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Sunday, October 18, 2009

When feelings are mocked

Earlier, I played my role as a confidant, lending ears for an aching heart.

“He laughed when I cried,” she said, gently shaking her head.

“Uh?” That’s all I could say. Watching me, she continued, “When it came to a point when I couldn’t take it anymore, my eyes started to..you know, pouring out the water out of no where, and he simply laughed. And that hurts am tellin’ you.. for I hardly cry.“

“Gees.." Another short one from me.

“My questions; my rather innocent, straightforward questions suffocated him, he said.” she inhaled deeply. “And also he thinks I tend to make everything an issue. A big one.”

“Even worse, he scorned when I told him I’m concerned about him. I mean what you’re supposed to do when you love someone?”

I stood there, numb with my mind partly wandering all over the universe, trying to understand.

“There’s more. Acts of affection are considered as guidelines, which again stifled him. I was like..uh? I've never thought that the emotion of loving someone needs adjustment. I thought love is ..love” She sighed.

I managed a scoff.

“Now tell me, what you have to say?” she asked me, but when I looked at her, I was sure she was elsewhere, didn’t really want to hear my opinion on the matter.

I knew she just wanted to speak her heart out.

So I said nothing.

No comments: