I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Weep babe weep

Yesterday someone said to me, “I can tell you’re not someone that can easily shed a tear.” I didn’t say anything right away. I was busy recalling the words, because it was a statement, not some out-of-the-blue ‘Do you cry a lot?’ question.

So I silently questioned myself, how do I always project myself that people can if not harshly, effortlessly think that am not a soft-hearted soul?

Close kin may have noticed that I don’t usually express my nuisance, my pain by having tears running down my cheeks. It’s an atypical occasion am telling you. I’ve talked about it once here.

Instead I replied, “I have my own way of letting it all out. I have nothing against crying though ‘cos it still is one of the healing methods. It works for some.” I bit my lower lip, still trying to recollect the last time I cried. Aah yea. It happened a few weeks back when together with my father, we watched this National Geographic episode on Africa about this poor baby elephant, left alone and later died after her own mother died and ignored by others. I couldn’t refrain myself. Especially when it has to do with animals.

Suddenly, “Guess it means you only cry when your emotions are either deeply touched or bruised in some way.” Pause. “Do you think I can make you cry?”

I choked. What??

No comments: