I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Monday, December 21, 2009

Mentally challenged?

Duty calls. Everyday. Gees. The first 3 weeks of every semester are always a .. 'gem'. Ha ha.

Yet. Am posting this one. 'Cos it happened to tickle my brain very early in the morning today. Thanks to the forwarded email.

The Bathtub Test

During a visit to the mental asylum, I asked the director, How do you determine whether or not a patient should be institutionalized?"

'Well,' said the Director, 'we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the patient and ask him or her to empty the bathtub.'


'Oh, I understand,' I said. 'A normal person would use the bucket because it's bigger than the spoon or the teacup.'

>
>
>
>
>
>

'No.' said the Director, 'A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the window?'


Ouch.

No comments: