I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Monday, December 7, 2009

Of recalling events

Okay so this entry is fundamentally about nothing. It’s just that about moments ago I was doing the usual reading on the net and then I caught the news about this underdog movie starring Sandra Bullock, The Blind Side, which I can’t really fathom the roar of that film beat the number one box office spot from New Moon this week. I mean come on, if a film is good, then it’s good. That easy.

Then I continued on clicking the Bullock’s films bla bla bla and then my eyes caught this picture.

Okay. I’m not going to talk about her hair, or her facial expression or anything. But what am I trying to digest here is that, that picture triggered my conscious mind. I came to a point where I suppose I’ve seen that shot before in a movie. Of short, it means I’ve watched that movie with that one movie still where Bullock looks some sort of web entangled-looking woman who is standing doing nothing in a middle of an empty stretchy road.

So I did some reading and that movie is called Premonition and then Bam! I hit the study with my right palm. I am bloody sure I’ve watched it, in fact I even know exactly the ending, even the whole storyline for crying out loud but I can’t remember when. Or where I watched it. (alright by now I guess you have stopped reading already ‘cos not one word makes sense) It's not even a movie that receives much applauding reviews from the critics.

Yet, it annoys me. So much. Gees. So maybe it’s not about the movie at all. Yeah, it’s not about the movie per say.

It’s pretty obvious isn’t it? It bugs me big time when I can’t recall something that worth recalling at a time.

Have you experienced that? Like when you hear a song, and suddenly this feeling of déjà vu kicked you in the spine, yet you face a tinky winky problem trying to recall the precise moment when it '(it' refers to anything that connects you the song) happened. Make sense?

Yikes.

It has nothing to do with having a loss of cognitive abilities right. Right?

No comments: