I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My darling you

It’s the first of December 2009. Wow. Time really flies am tellin' ya.

A year ago today, my dear car got stuck in the flood (the water rose in a blink of an eye and it happened so fast) and all I could do was look at her and twitched.

A year ago today, I had my very primary experience of dealing with flood, having to think and move twice as hard to save everything. I don’t think am going to forget the moment when we (thank God my mother and aunt were there to share the adrenaline rush) helplessly looked at each other and panicked. The whole neighborhood was terrified for according to the natives, it was the first flood panic attack since the last 15 years. And when I heard that, I said to myself, ‘Gees, a great welcoming year for my career’. Lol.

A year ago today, the organization where I earn my scoop of earning transformed into a floated little island and the international seminar (where I was appointed as the mc, paid one too..wo ho!) supposedly held there, had to be shifted to the state’s library across town. The day where about 30 of us crew, felt like a thick choky string was around our neck, only to be loosely taken away after exactly 4pm when the function was considered a success.

A year ago today, it rained so heavily that all the kids of the nearby villages went bonkers, celebrating the rainy season like no other.

A year ago today, someone I’ve known all along and now has become my world uttered/typed a word that sank deep to the core, with me quarterly soaked, riding the bus to the library, surrounded by umbrellas and souvenirs. I glowed. Me, the sun, glowed. Beneath the dark sky.

No comments: