I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Monday, November 30, 2009

Sound of Silence. (minus the heavy raindrops)

It is so quiet.

I remember I kept telling the new colleague about less than two months ago (when we were so damn busy with work and students and paperwork), that I couldn’t wait for the semester break to come.

Well guess what. It’s now the freakin’ semester break and now am talking about silence. Not that I’m complaining though. I love the present set-up. So peaceful and quiet ‘cos honestly, my head aches whenever I see the students all over the campus. I have no idea why.

Weird, I know. ‘Cos I myself was a student and in fact still is. It’s just that having less people around gives me more space. And air.


It is quiet that my door is hardly knocked, except for that dear cleaner lady who most of the time yaks about the weather or the renovation under construction on the lower floors. Even my buddy aka colleague, Kak Ez is away, happily at home, enjoying her long-awaited vacation.

There are hardly many cars at the parking lot. Which is kinda funny ‘cos most of the time, especially during the lectures period, academicians and staff are literarily fighting for the best spaces here. You have to understand the matter ‘cos most of the faculties here do not provide sufficient garages for all and the weather am tellin’ you, phew!! So darn hot especially in the mid year. People are basically rooting for spaces under the trees, close to the building, itching close to the roofed cars etc. Lol.

Even going to washroom is a hassle free. I haven’t bumped into anyone today. And yeah, I haven't seen that mister also (name has to be kept secret), who habitually moving around in his kain pelikat for awhile now. Balik kampung la tu. I guess this scene would only stay intact until next 10th of December when all the staff will freshly return from their holidays.

Only then I’ll have my mild headache again watching students coming back for the new semester, laughing or shrieking to be exact, minding their new registration episodes.

But for now, I’ll just embrace myself in the beautiful silence.

No comments: