I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Monday, November 2, 2009

A mull over. Over stuffs.

October has passed by. I must say that the month was kinda full with surprises. Physically and psychologically speaking. No wonder Awie could come up with the song ‘Tragedi Oktober’. It makes sense. I had my ups and downs. I’ve learned quite a lot last month. So I guess I’ve grown to be abit more mature in a sense that I now understand the depth of taking things for granted.

*glancing around, making sure nobody’s looking at my direction and I look very professional at this very minute

I’m in an elaborated meeting at the moment. A briefing on some matters as we’re in exam mode and there are so many things to be done. Seriously, I am focusing on the ramblings here and there, but at the same time my fingers are moving. Again, like I said, trying to look very professional. Lol.

I’ve been grinning from ear to ear since this morning. It’s all because I’ve completed my term paper (finally!) and the whole thing is flying away by the help of our Pos Malaysia, ready to be received by our dear Professor Dr. Fattawi. Yeay!

Okay. So maybe I still have plenty more to do and this time around I’d be focusing on Dr. Aziah’s papers but come on, give me some hours to feel real good about myself.

Even just for a while.

Earlier we talked about war. One of my friends was lucky enough to go to the War Criminal Conference and Exhibition at PWTC last Thursday. The conference was held from 28th to 31st October 2009.

It is pretty much a Tun Mahathir’s thing. I remember the morning of the 29th Oct as I was preparing myself for work, Ally Iskandar of Malaysia Hari Ini was chatting away at the PWTC, showing and demonstrating the brutal treatments received by the inmates of Guantanamo prison.

I was glued to the screen with water still dripping down my hair as I gulped and clinched watching the abuse in each different cell temporarily built in the compound of PWTC. Blood was everywhere. And the screaming and moaning of the victims of torture still haunted me. They had these audio and video of the real torture and I could see the convention representative had tears in her eyes as Ally interviewed her. Just imagine. She must have explained and talked about this war matters for hundreds of times yet it still hurts and breaks her heart.

No wonder my friend said it was a horrid thing. Witnessing and being so close to the made-up scenes.

Check out http://www.criminalisewar.org/.

I better go. I think with me typing away annoyed someone here. Haha.

No comments: