I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Sunday, November 29, 2009

In the name of understanding oneself.

Dear Diary,

I looked upon the stars last night, with the unsuppressed hilarity as the background in the packed new vehicle and I grinned, in the dark. And then I began to think. With my lips moving yet no one noticed.

You know what, people say again and again that gems are rare, but once found, are cherished. I always try to remind myself about that. ‘Cos for me rarity is indeed vast.

Rarity is cool.

I’ve found a gem. And I aim to keep. No matter what. ‘Cos love crosses all boundaries with no discriminations.

Quiet time teaches calmness. Recently, serenity emerged where I get the chance to dunk myself into the system, my so-called corroded system that I’ve accustomed to years ago.

Short time I've been out of my comfort zone. And my father has heard me talking to myself or to Poyeng (my overly spoilt cat), from the times I let off steam within the four walls.

I have grown (hopefully) a little wiser, a little older (gulp) to love a little bit more.

My initial feelings of angst and distaste, if not totally gone, slowly slip out the corner, after I told myself to stop and breathe.

I've learned that bonds I share are ever so strong and the strength of new one grows each day. I keep tellin’ myself ‘Suria, learn from the good. Leave the bad.’ Ha ha. Poyo.

And, if I turned back the clock to do it again? I would say a resounding yes. (Fingers crossed at the back. No la, just kidding)

There is a sense of appreciation and love I have for the beings, things, smells and touches around me.

I love it.

Gees. Who says self-healin’ is a piece of cake? If you bump into anyone who thinks that, tell him/her to kiss my ***.

No comments: