I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

'Sleep like a baby' vs. Insomnia

I wrote an entry about having trouble sleeping before where it was a regular phenomenon to me. Well it still is, actually.

However last night, I slept like a baby. A rare feat, 'ya knoe.

But wait, I remember exactly the day I mentioned about my lack of sleep to a colleague (who just about 3 months ago gave birth to an adorable baby boy) who babbled, "Wish you could sleep like a baby? Gees. 'Sleep like a baby'. Hmm.. Whoever created this “saying” must have never had babies, LIKE YOU, or were the luckiest parents ever."

And there I stood, numb, blinking at her.

Thing is, studies suggested that most babies actually do not get a full night of sleep, actually waking up several times during the night for feeding, cuddling and urinating. Geez.
Suddenly, right this minute I remember that horrid moment playing The Sim ('ya knoe, the computer game?) where we need to really feed and play with robotic, irritating babies?

But still, for me 'Sleep like a baby' is such a cute saying to potray deep, sound sleep. Which I managed to have last night.

Too soundly, I presume? he he. Yikes.

6 comments:

umm ruman said...

Dear Suria,

You are truly deeply madly in love ya dear...Hikss! Happy to hear you slept like a log last night.. Ain't dreaming of somebody? :-)

heliocentrism said...

Dear Azah,

I ..errr.. you see.. eerm..

See? Am having trouble coming up with words lately. Think I need more sleep..? he he

Btw, nope. Not a single dream. In fact I hardly have any dreams while sleeping. I have no idea why..

miss nugget said...

glad talking to u last nite...maybe u slept soundly after talking to me kott...hahahahaha...
btw, i think i should alter the saying "sleep the way i used to sleep..." zzzz....ngantuk laa ...huwarrrrghh!!!

heliocentrism said...

Dear Peed,

Glad too that you called (sbb lukman busy time tu sebenarnye kan kan kan)..hehe. But thing is, I could only sleep after 3am la babe last night. Ko la nih..hehe..

Gees..yeah. "Sleep like the way I used to sleep".. remember how you could sleep back then from the night before up til after late noon. Power! lol

Huwaida a.k.a yda said...

I sleep like a baby...10pm dah lite off!!

heliocentrism said...

Dear Yda,

I definitely envy you, gal..he he. But wait. Let see, lately I able to have some sleep la. Maybe not entirely 'sleep like a baby' privilege but really nice ones.

*winks