I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Old adage rings true

*A short break

I’ve been hearing and reading in the news about this 47 year old woman. The one from the reality show, Britain’s Got Talent..(gees.. I have never watched such program, even the American one. So I guess she’s my revolutionist in recent entertainment world).

I never got the chance to look up the net until this morning, and honestly, I’m hooked to it. I haven’t stopped watching her or to be exact, listening to her. She is extraordinary and take it y’all, ‘Never judge a book by its cover’, babe. Never.


This old adage could not have been better exemplified than with Susan and her singing. It was a not-so-subtle reminder that we are not to judge anyone by looks or appearances. Simple lesson there.

If you haven’t seen her singing that heavy-duty song, check it out here. So implausibly enchanting.

At first, everyone was cheerily mocking and laughing at her, I dunno maybe of her look, her age anything but then the moment she opened her mouth, there you have it. Goosebumps, y’all!! Even that Simon what's-his-name was thunderstuck.

Totally.

And now, this one of the gorgeous actresses ever, Catherine Zeta Jones wants a piece of Susan. Even her. Gees. Read the rest down here:

Catherine Zeta Jones asks to play Susan Boyle on screen
Telegraph.co.uk

By Ben Leach

The 39-year-old apparently asked about the film rights to the singer's life story after being inspired by her appearance on Britain's Got Talent. The Hollywood actress contacted the producers of the show after Miss Boyle became a huge hit in the US, the Daily Mail reported.

James Cameron, the Oscar-winning film director behind Titanic, is also believed to have expressed an interest in a similar project.

Miss Boyle, a church volunteer from West Lothian, Scotland, has become a worldwide star after her performance on the ITV show several weeks ago.

Footage of her singing I Dreamed A Dream from Les Miserables has become the most viewed YouTube clip of all time with more than 100million hits. Miss Boyle has been dubbed the "hairy angel" because of her frizzy hair cut and bushy eyebrows - and she claims to have never been kissed or had a boyfriend.

Zeta-Jones, the Welsh-born actress, is regularly voted one of the world's most beautiful women and is married to Hollywood legend, Michael Douglas. A source on Britain's Got Talent told the Daily Mail: "This is one of many requests we have had to play her [Miss Boyle], for movie deals and for stories of her life.

"All these people are coming out and want to be associated with her. She is the biggest thing in the world." A spokesman for Miss Boyle said she was unwilling to comment.



2 comments:

umm ruman said...

I never knew about this either till and when I read your entry. Should check on her soon..But isn't common Suria, in entertainment business if you don't come in package you won't make it. But in this one- in-a-million rare cases, Susan has proven talent and voice conquer all..

By the way, I never watch this kind of programme too except long before this, I'm so hooked up with Jerry Springer show then I realized the show is about some mentally retarded American people. People called it as a garbage show.

heliocentrism said...

Dear Azah,

What really bugs me about shows like this is that, people seem to think their fate, their future rely on these bunch of judges sittin' in front of them who most of the time rather vicious and mean. But the thing is, in a way they really set the bar.

Oh well, I'd rather sit back and have a cuppa with a good in my hand than watching poor desperate souls havin' their throat slashed alive.