I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Sunday, January 18, 2009

What if..?

Did you ever have the feeling that you missed out on someone?

I bumped into my old friend yesterday. Well, no actually we didn’t bump into each other. We made plan to meet up. Some sort of get-together aka reunion thingy for he and about 3 others returned to their roots for the election. And the minute we took our separate route home at approximately 1.30 in the morning (ssshh…don’t tell my mum), I can’t seem to get him out of my mind.

It seems wrong but I keep wondering “what if” things were different back then, would I have ended up with him?

What if things were of different colours and textures? What if we kept in touch? What if either one of us had stayed a moment or two longer?

What if. What if. What if.

And receiving his sms barely seconds after we parted didn’t help at all – ‘Text me once you reach home. :) ’. I know. I know. That shows he cared. Like how I would do the same to any friend of mine, just to make sure she reaches home safely. But I want to think that he cares, the kind of slightly different intensity of care. A notch higher. Am not making any sense, am I?

Okay go on, shoot me. Ask me if I care. Lol.

Thing is, we were once so close. What exactly happened along the way?

I wonder.


p/s: Told 'ya mind is a terrible thing.

No comments: