I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Thursday, January 1, 2009

A new foot, a new face at the door. Hye 2009!

It’s a brand new day!(even tho' I have to say that today is kind of gloomy and heavily cloudy outside)

Sans the fireworks and firecrackers that marked the birth of a New Year past 12 midnight last night, it is now January 1, the first day of the year. Yieha! To me, it is but apt to look ahead and explore the vast blank canvas we are once again tasked to paint with little colours of our lives.

I aim to have my canvas filled with vibrant and noticeable colours this year, Insya Allah.


There's something magical about January the 1st. It might be just the way that the human brain is wired, but the first day of the first month of the year is a gleaming tabula rasa (take note of the science jargon there y’all), empowered by the future rather than weighed down by the past.

It's a moment where we are pregnant with possibility, when we can imagine ourselves replenished and forgiven in all ways, granted a fresh start, all tanked up to do things better. Thing is, I've done some mistakes and quite a few still needs some perking up here and there, but I am still working on that. Nothing major, but sometimes certain damages are not meant to be left unattended.


When I woke up early this morning on January 1, I was pretty much amazed at how new, hopeful and vigorous I felt. That’s a sign of something good, right?

Many things happened in 2008. The year I learned so many new things that for one second there I stopped and stared, wondering whether I’ve become a better person. Whether I took notes of the things as a reminder not to repeat similar wrongdoings.

There are still a lot of unbloggable things that made my life very wonderful last year (omg, it was just yesterday) and I choose to make them stay that way, at least for now. Suffice to say quite a number of unexpected things happened (one or two definitely beyond my wildest imagination) as always, but I welcomed all of them with open arms.

Here’s to hoping we have a swell and happy year ahead of us all.

Amin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Suria,

Sorry for not being able to wish you Happy New Year 2009.
During that day I was fulled with tabula rasa.:-)perhaps for this whole month of January. I just hope year 2009 I could be a better humble servant of Allah even sometimes I know it's damn hard to accomplish the nature of being better and good. As I totally agree with you, even there's a hiccup here and there in life but it does not stop us from working to amend on it 'To be a better person' no more and no less.

Happy New Year and wish you all the best in life.