I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Monday, January 12, 2009

A Tale of Long-Stems of Scarlet Roses

Dear Diary,

I want to tell you something. Barely imperative but you know I always tell you stuffs that are close to my heart.

Last Thursday (8th of January) was one of the biggest highlights in my life. It was so surreal that it took awhile for me to continue breathing and gain consciousness. It was precisely about 4.30pm and while I was sluggishly stretching myself on the bed, my father slipped inside my room and told me there was someone outside looking for me.

Trust me dear diary I was baffled. I mean come on. I rarely have anyone looking for me back home for most of my friends only resurface in town during long holidays.

Then there she was. The transporter on duty. A rather cheeky looking girl so petite that the breathtaking, beautiful bouquet of fresh red roses looked vast in her arms. And I was like.. 'Aaa?' Bet she thought for awhile there that I didn’t look so angelic and worthy of the gift with my non brushed hair all over the place, attired in the over the top-countless seasons comfy tops.

I nearly passed out for the muddle up of feeling somewhat beyond content, puzzled and most of all, slightly embarrassed all together for it all happened at home (it would be so much simpler if it was at work) , where both of my dear parents were there to witness it all!

For the next half an hour, I just stooped there at one spot; fingertips ever so lightly ran over the fresh petals as if they could scatter into pieces that my heart soared. All the while my parents (wish I could just vanish into thin air at the time) were yapping at the back but they both sounded soo far away.

I am not used to surprises. A huge bonker. But I like it. Way too much I guess.

Have you heard that as timeless as a anyone’s favourite love story, there’s no more classic way to express enduring devotion than red roses? Rather tedious but that’s what I heard.


So.

Has the encoder reached the romantic felicity? That I am not sure but all I know, I was swept away.

Totally.

4 comments:

miss nugget said...

what's the occasion??? saje2??? or "i-just-sent-the-flower-to-say-i-love-you" flowers?? (note: sing it the way stevie wonder did...)

heliocentrism said...

Dear peed,

One of the reasons I guess wanting to catch me by surprise. And it worked. Big time. (I mean jgn la anta ke rumah..aiyaa...hehehe)

Another would be some sort of a celebration, for knowing each other a lil bit better, maybe? But when I asked why, this is what I got; 'You don't need a reason to send flowers'.

Anonymous said...

Dear diary owner,

Many years ago, when Wales was deep in winter, someone placed 12 long stem roses next to my pillow. When I opened my eyes, that was the first thing I saw.

It doesn't matter we never made it as a couple, but that gesture was the sweetest anyone has ever done to me.

This lovely post stirred something in my rusty memory box. :-)

heliocentrism said...

Dear Ma’am Elviza aka our celebrity lawyer-blogger(ahem),

You can never imagine how happy I am, knowing that you’ve spared few moment of your cherished time reading my post. Yay! Thank you.

Hold up. Did you just say that your rusty memory box was stirred for a sec there? Wow. I am flattered. I do believe though that kind of lovely moment (of receiving a gift so sweet and yeah can’t deny it, romantic) would last forever Ma’am.

Totally unforgettable.