I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fragility of a thing called life.

Life is so fragile. It takes so little to end a life and yet the spirit of the person that’s not there anymore can live on stronger than before. There have been so many tragedies. Way too many. I mean just go through the local newspaper or even easier, just switch on the TV and you’d see corpses. Of all reasons there could have been.

Just minutes ago, I reached for the remote control, and in no time at all my eyes caught the glimpses of bloody pictures of innocent souls, and people wailing all around, and the just like that, my thumb hit the red power button.

Total silence.

Don’t get me wrong. I’ve shed tears and had my own heart bleeding feverishly over hearing the unbearable cries of help but not tonight.

Right this very minute I'm thinking of the small percentage of ungrateful people who think that they’ve come to the end of the world when something bad strikes. So many people feeling they’ve got no choice. A husband ending the lives of his wife and children and himself too, a wife and a husband decided to stop fighting illnesses and depression and die together, and a father ending the life of his wife and then burning himself without a thought of his son who would be the one finding them. Human can be so unbelievably mean, right?

Come on. Everybody has their own problems.

We all tend to ask ourselves why it happened in the first place. I mean, having the gut to take your own or other’s lives. We would look at each other with frightened eyes wondering if there is something, anything that we could have done to prevent these tragedies. Why does it seem like life does not matter anymore? Why do some people think there is no hope, when I know people actually care more than they used to do?

It is surreal but it seems like they (those unlucky-rot in hell souls) become their own worst enemies, fighting alone when the truth is they didn’t have to. All they had to do was reaching out and ask for help. That’s all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who almost end her life by committing suicide because of her marriage problems but God is great, her children safe her.

Now, she is back on her track feeling more independent and stronger. I am so happy for her.

We do have a choice, even sometimes help that we seek for won't be there when we need it.

No matter how tremble life is, I believe in Allah s.w.t. Insya Allah if we hold on to Him, everything will turn out right.

heliocentrism said...

Dear Azah,

Omg. Really. Hope your friend is doing well now. Sometimes I guess people tend to forget that there's always a way out. Her unfortunate incident in a way can be a reminder for the others to think first before we do anything.