I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Let bygones be bygones..

Dear Diary,

Something has been bugging me for awhile. Some wise man quoted that ‘let bygones be bygones’. It’s applicable, right?

What I am trying to say is that since something/anything has already happened, there is no need to worry or maybe bring to a halt over it.

Forgive and forget, or forget and repeat the forgetting is the central theme in such an initiative. I believe it can be done. Maybe it’s not a piece of cake but still.

Thing is, the entire subject of past episodes hinges upon one thing; memories. Simply memories. I mean we all do have a bundle of memories tucked nicely at the back our mind right. Sweet memories, sad memories.. everything ‘cos people remember the events of a life that, in the memory, occurred at some point in the past.

That’s all.

Blurgh. Just reminiscing the certain days I had gone throughout the past several years, I was so darn impetuous. It was a bad idea to have wasted so much of my thinking about my life past lives.

But.

It's the experiences and memories of my past that have shaped me to become what I am today, yes?

I fell in. I fell out. I ached. I cried. Over stuffs. Over unexpected series of events.

Yet.

That was THEN. That’s all in the PAST.

2 comments:

umm ruman said...

Dear Suria,

Very true, I could never agree more with you on this as I quote from you:

"It's the experiences and memories of my past that have shaped me to become what I am today, yes?" (Suria, 2009).

Without the past memories and experiences, we won't be as what we are now. Some people said we will get wiser when we grow older but the fact is, all those memories and experiences truly shaped, mould and make us even wiser.

You makes me reflect who am I now. What I can do is keeping only the good memories but let go of the bad ones so I can go on with my life.

heliocentrism said...

Dear Azah,

Yeap. I agree. Keep all the sweet memories 'cos from what I heard, good memories are like money in the bank, they are a treasure chest to fall back upon..