I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Innocent thought floats to the surface

Check out the music video. Listen to the melody. The very first time I heard the song, I thought to myself that 'Wow..this song is surely one of the hottest songs at the moment'. Most of the time a certain particular song that I heard for the first time was already a stale cookie for others 'cos I rather have the tendency of getting the hip song a few weeks too late. Yeah. Gees.

Anyways.



So, it's true right. Cool melody that tugs at your heart. By why o why it's not a number one hit? Is it because of the lyric? For it reminds us mortals of the sins that we've commited?


I don't get it. Okay, here's the thing. Let say the lyric is rather very dreamy-like, romantic messages from a lover to another, I bet it's gonna be so freakin' hot to the teens, right.

I mean, I am sure most of the people around Malaysia and of 'cos Indonesia know this next song. It is so unbelievably famous that even small kids who don't even know the meaning of 'kekasih' memorise the song (Ask me I knoe. 'cos this 5yo kid of my cousin kept singin' and groovin' to it).



Okay. So, just imagine a different type of lyric/sentences attached together with the same tune/melody, maybe from this heart-wrenching, hopelessly lovely, dark messages of love to ..I dunno, to a rather spiritual, religion-related-I ask for Your forgiveness kinda lyric.

Think it's gonna be as huge as it was?

*sighs

2 comments:

umm ruman said...

Dear Suria,

Cool, heart-wrenching, over the edge kind of songs for us considering the lyrics. I rarely listen to Indonesia songs but I enjoyed it when you posted these two songs.

heliocentrism said...

Dear Azah,

Two lovely songs, ey? I have this one friend, she used the second song for her ringtone back then whenever her so-called kekasih gelap called. Auw! Maybe she still does.(o yea cyeda am talkin about you bebey..muahahaha)