I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lights out for Earth Hour

Exactly 8.30pm on the 28th of March 2009, my mother insisted on switching off the front light. Even the living room. And yeah, all the lights in the house 'cept the kitchen ('cos we were digging into her yummy pudding at the moment). Told ya' my mom is cool.


It was such a fun thing to do. And yeah very beneficial to mother earth. Clearly millions of people joined in together, and turned off their lights to help make a difference and raise awareness about the issue of global warming.

For maybe some of us who haven’t noticed, weather is changing and in some places like where I live, it is raining during the seasons where we’re suppose to have the sun burning brightly or is it the other way round?

Someone asked me whether I gave my support last night. And proudly I said, Hell yeah!

I repeat, 'Yes I support Earth Hour.'

Totally.

p/s: Check out all the pics taken during the Earth Hour all over the 80 over countries that participated in the noble course. So cool.

2 comments:

umm ruman said...

Yeap! It was such a good deed and worth to be repeated yearly.

However Suria, as I was driving around the city because I need to pick up my bundle of Baju Kurung...I saw majorities of Malaysian are not aware of Earth Hour.

Sad to say not everybody alert and shops are brightly switching on their lights. How can we overcome this and create the awareness of global warming?

heliocentrism said...

Dear Azah,

Well, the same goes to some of my students who basically had no clue what's happening in the world right now. Maybe too absorb in their final year thesis, tests and whatnot, but still, at least give some support, right.

*sighs