I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's been awhile.

Earlier today when I was in class, while feasting my eyes on the students’ presentation (final act by the students got me in tears for I laughed so much my cheeks burned), I noticed that my watch indicated that it was 29th. Of February.

'Wait. That doesn't sound right,' I whispered to myself, audible enough that the girl closest to me glanced at my watch.

I then realized that it is already 1st of March. Wow. Time indeed flies fast. And how I’ve missed blogging. It’s been awhile since the last time I was here.

The clouds are rather abit chaotic outside, rent into savage shapes of pale yellow and grey that intermittently showers the earth with a stinging, cold rain.

It is somewhat a confusing state of affairs for one minute the sun is shining bright, and then a minute later it’s raining so heavily I become concerned for the whole episode of last December would replicate. (I haven’t talked about how I/my car got stuck at home soaked with ‘bah’, right. Maybe one day. Lol)

So yeah, I'm feeling good; in contrast to the grayness outside, it's all blue sky in my head. All bubbly and fun.

Yet, despite a fine mood, there's still a full day to fill, even though there is nothing much that I absolutely have to do today. There are plenty of things I could do; I could work on the students’ assignments bundled up there in the corner of my office for example.

I've been gradually going back to painfully recraft almost every single paragraph, removing sentiment and correcting eye-sore grammatical errors. And guess what I think, it needs to be less darned serious.

Oh well. Maybe I should go out a moment or two and grab some drinks and then revert to the papers again later.

Or not. Ha ha.

2 comments:

umm ruman said...

Dear Suria,
I was asking myself where have you been missing all these time and I guess you hook up with your need-to-be-corrected student's assignment.

I'm waiting for the story of your car got stuck with flood since you have mentioned it here. Anyway, take a break and enjoy the raindrop as I truly do enjoying it.

heliocentrism said...

Dear Azah,

Hye! You have no idea how much I wanna quietly sit down and talk about so many things. A few stuffs really caught my attention recently and I've made a mental note to write about 'em all soon.

Thing is, when I have nothing much to do, instead of bloggin', I pick up a book or rather just stare into thin air or blinkin' watching moronic sitcoms on tv. lol