I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Just breathe

Dear Diary,

It is quite fun today. Someone whom I know a very strong willed person, rarely succumb to any sort of challenges; finally admits defeat. It must be the hot weather or something cos’ he’s been looking all gloomy throughout the day, makes him snapped and there you have it; white flag soaring high in the sky!

Thing is, there’s nothing wrong in admitting that you have weaknesses, or admitting that you have made a mistake.

I have two types here. One; a guy who seems to think he is built out of steel that just the touch of his fingertip would shake if not the world, the water. Lol. Someone who rarely, I repeat rarely says no to things. Two; a lady who is a whiner, attached to her weakness til the day she finally understands the words ‘Get a grip!’.

So. Let’s talk about type Number Two. Like I said earlier, it is OK to admit your weaknesses. Just don’t overdo it. I have the privilege of knowing the lady, whom I would safely name her Joyah. Joyah is an example of someone who goes overboard in admitting her flaws again and again, and again. She is quite known of this flaw of hers (let’s just focus on one for now shall we) and it is quite safe for me to say that we (aka friends) tend to help her whenever she comes across having this flaw getting in the way. Yet instead of trying to improve or do something about this repairable weakness, Joyah does nothing but self-loathing herself. Saying over and over again how she STILL can’t do it. I don’t know about others, but gees, she drives me nuts. Don’t get me wrong, she’s a sweet lady, but whenever she does that, I’d be running away in split second.

It’s a reminder really to myself. About balance in life. When you can’t do it, when you have flaws; try to deal with it. Improve. It’s important.

I read somewhere that admitting weakness and vulnerability portrays us as a human and hence encourages others (who know they have weaknesses too) to be sympathetic and to bond more closely with us.

It is not wrong at all when at some point in life we are beginning to feel frustrated and angered that we take some time to think first and relax. That exactly what has happened to type Number One.

I was pretty naughty I know that I grinned sheepishly at him, resisting myself from saying ‘Told you to take it easy’.

Let’s face it. We all need to be reminded that it is OK to slow down.

Just breathe.



No comments: