I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Monday, November 1, 2010

Ada apa dengan ikan?

Here's something about me. I have never, ever taken care of fishes. The idea of feeding them, cleaning their tank etc seem to be out of reach. Seriously.

Truth is, I am not into fishes in aquariums but wait, there's one, ONE exception. The aquarium/tank should be really big and spacious so that they all can happily swim all over. I pity those fishes that are quite big and yeah, I know they are really nice to look at but still, their movements (is that the right word?) are limited. I can't stop myself thinking that they are better off in the river(?), ocean (?) or other places.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, students from one of my classes gave me this:

I was taken by surprise at first, because chocolates, shawls, oranges (CNY y'all) etc would be some of the common gifts from students but a fish?! Gees. After a total one minute quietly staring numbly at the small tank, I started beaming from ear to ear. A cute gift, don't you think?! LOL

However, after a few minutes more, I started to panic. I have zero experience, I repeat, zero experience handling fishes, mind you. The fact that they provide everything plus the food and all didn't help me any better at the time. It was a hilarious moment for me and the kids for a while there.

Now I have both the art of fishes and a living fish! Yieha! Yes, you can have the real one because I worry I might innocently kill the fish earlier than I expect (in fact right now, I am fighting the urge to keep feeding the fishy- words from my students echo 'Feed it only twice a day, Miss. And not more than 4 pellets')

I was like, 'Not more than 4 small, tiny pellets??! You're joking, right'. Gees. Yes, you can have the living, swimming fishy but not the beautiful, gold-coloured fishes. The accessory box is ultimately mine forever. A special gift from Vietnam. *wink

Now if you'll excuse me, I have an additional mission in my office; staring at a bluish, tropical fish.

A fish may love a bird, but where would they live?
~ Drew Barrymore

No comments: