I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ada apa dengan 'renjis-renjis dipilis'?

Just about five minutes ago my handphone beeped. An sms from a friend cum ex-schoolmate, Azra asking for my address. And yeah, bet you know for what.

Weddings tend to happen in clusters, right. Colourful, classic invitation cards are now pouring in. It seems as if wedding chimes are soon ringing everywhere or better yet, in Malay context, ‘paluan kompang’ and Saloma’s ‘Selamat Pengantin Baru’ evergreen song are due to be heard.

Last weekend, I should have spent some quality jolly time in Bahau, Nogori Sembilan to commemorate one of my closest buddies, Bahau’s wedding. His real name is Azrul but we all call him Bahau, for he’s from Bahau. Don’t ask me why we don’t call our other friend Teriang eventho he’s from there. I nearly close to bangin’ my head against the wall for missing his once-in-a-lifetime event but geez.. there’s nothing else I could do. I was heavily attached to something else.


Thank God he understands but tell me, how in the world can I post him a house as a gift? Lol.

That reminds me, I also regrettably missed my best buddy, Intan Suraya’s glorious wedding in Kuala Kangsar last October which I was initially appointed as her ‘pengapit’. In fact my specially tailored dress for the occasion was just hangin’ in the closet, waiting to be glamorously put on. Such a shame.

Berg aka Hafeez is also tying the knot on 7th of June. So now with Bahau and Berg happily immersed in the bliss of companionship, I can say that more than three quarter of the boys in my class back in MRSM are wedded. And that leaves us girls behind.. (well.. maybe just 3-4 of us girls..)



Next case, 13th of June, my petite girlfriend cum U classmate, Peed aka Afidah is getting married in Soromban. Then another friend from U, Pa’ Wan aka Izwan (once my on-stage hubby..auw) is also tying the knot the week after that, 20th of June.

Like I said earlier, it's definitely the mating season, ya? Ha ha.

Congratulations, guys.

I can list down more of my friends that either already married or are anxiously and avariciously waiting for the big day but let’s not do that today. Am telling’ ya, it’s a one long list, babe..

I remember about a couple of weeks ago when my mom called me from home and read me all the invitation cards through phone. She seemed to enjoy reading the cards (she calls them ‘surat saman’) and guess what, between the lines she managed to slot in her frail sighs which I opted to ignore. ‘Cos I know she, like other mothers, is truly looking forward to my own big day.

Yikes.

It’s not that I haven’t realized the invisible-constant knockin’ on my cognizant mind; it’s just that I go for having the ‘situation’ left unattended. At least for the moment. And really, I don’t even need constant yappin’ here and there from makciks asking and wonderin’ when my turn would somehow magically show up, with unstoppable blasting of kompang to heat up the whole Gong Limau. So Cyeda, I dig ‘ya, gal.

I don't begrudge my friends who have married and forsaken me. Nope. Never. I'm happy for them. So happy.

Happy, blissful married life, ey? Wow. I mean, now that many of my friends are married and getting married, I guess my circle of hang out buddies is getting smaller, day by day. But sure enough, perhaps they’d still have time for ..'ya know, a cuppa once in awhile?

Yea right.

Who am I kidding? Myself?

*sighs

5 comments:

Mama Alaha said...

dont worry cuya. i'm still single.. we can still lepak2 when we hv time lah..

heliocentrism said...

Dear Nala,

Iyo la tu. Lu bila ada jantan lu lupa wa ma.. muahahaha

And btw, it was you right back then who kept talkin' bout gettin' married,be such a devoted, naive wife that would stay home, takes tremendous care of your hubby and kids? LOL

miss nugget said...

hik hik hik.... me myself still in surreal situation...btol ke aku nih??? hmm..musykil2...

hahaha... :P

setakat nih lom ade lagik debaran2 yg orang kate tu... penat dok pikir keje and some other preparation yg blom bape nk siap... cuak jgk.. hmm...

heliocentrism said...

Dear Peed,

Cayo la jgn tak cayo yang ekau tu dah nak jadik bini orang minah ooi..

Bet you're not feeling the cold feet yet. Just you wait. LOL

People around me (esp in umt here for most of them are already married)keep tellin' me that marriage is so cool. So babe, in a few months time, I'll be showering you with questions..(if you wanna slot in some rather juicy info like how Manja did right after her wedding, well... be my guest.. hehe)

miss nugget said...

hahahahahhahhahahhaah... adakah aku begitu??wahahhahahah ....

perlukah aku begitu??? but sharing is caring ...hahahahaha...wait n see.. :D