I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~ Albany Bach Reid

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ibumu ibuku jua..

“Orang perempuan once dah jadi isteri, her priority adalah suami, no matter what. Syurga isteri di bawah telapak kaki suami. Orang lelaki pulak tak kira bujang or suami orang, syurga dia tetap di bawah telapak kaki ibu.”(Lynn, 2010)

There I was, listening quietly last night as I drove us to our new addition of dinning spots. I can’t remember exactly the root of it that sparked the whole conversation on responsibilities as a woman and a man. My friend's rambling on the matter reminded me of my newly married cousin who since forever strongly stressed that his entire world is his mother, no matter what. Secretly, the three of us (his brother, our other cousin and I) made a harmless bet, stating that he would if not much, have trouble devoting his loyalty and love towards the one mother, for now he has known the new world of having a wife. We want to see if the common mother/daughter-in-law war occurs in their world. =)

In a way I know, it’s an unspoken vow between a husband and a wife that nothing can come between a son and a mother. It’s an unspoken vow that automatically, you as a wife should love your mother in law like your very own mother.

(A mental note there: Your husband=your life/his mother=his life/his life=your life) Translation: There shouldn’t be any conflict when your other half’s mother is in the picture.

I mean, it’s a lovely thing, right because after marriage you’ll have two mothers. Such a blessing.

No comments: